Garland Tutorial

Get yourself a 1 1/2 inch hole punch cut out a million, trillion circles from every scrap you can find…hot glue two back to back with a long piece of ric rac in the middle and keep going for days by Christmas you will have a wonderful roping for the tree!!!!!  So get to it girlies!!!  And show me what you end up with..Can't wait to see!!! oh lordy don't hate me, just looked at your responses I meant paper scraps!!  I did this with paper..let us know if you find a quick way to do this with fabric!!!  Share with the rest of us!!

Garlan

36 Responses to “Garland Tutorial”

1. Cindy says:

That is so groovy. My girls would love it.

2. Jenny Fish says:

oooohh there you go getting me off my sewing track again! Cute! It would be neat to make a set of these and hang them in my daughters doorway.
    I see a trip to Michael’s and Hobby Lobby in my plans this weekend! If I could just get those dresses sewn together that I have cut out…..

3. amy norris says:

any tricks to getting the hole punch to punch the fabric? mine wont cut through and just gets stuck and frays the fabric.

4. Tami B. says:

Love, love, love this! You are so clever!

5. Kathi says:

That looks gorgeous!!!!

6. Oh my god what a fun idea!!! This is so adorable:)

7. Melissa P. says:

This is a great idea for holiday crafting! No time like the present for getting started. Thanks for the reminder!

What a cool project! And so easy too. I am going to use my weekly coupon from Joanns to pick up a 1-1/2 inch hold puncher. I love the shimmery ric-rac so I might have to get that too. Thanks for the holiday cheer!

9. I only use paper Amy ..not sure if they make them for fabric.

10. Christine says:

Im totaly starting mine tomorrow! Thanx for this Non Sewrs kind of fun! And what a way to use some of my huge collection of wallpaper sample books!;D I’m taking sewing classes though, so I can make more fun things for my trailer with your faB Fabric!
    Thanx for sharing your creative self!
    Happy Halloween!
    Christine

11. I can’t wait to try this. I’ve saved all kinds of scraps from your pretty please collection. Won’t this be a festive way to show them off. Can’t wait to share the pics.

12. Allie says:

What a great idea!!!!!

13. marnie says:

this looks like fun and i LOVE the st croix – will be perfect in frames

14. elisadesign says:

Oh, what a wonderful idea and it is so easy.
    Thank you for that!
    Elisabeth

15. Mechelle says:

Love Love Love it! You just kept my girls busy as they are in my back pocket in my sewing room, looking for their “own” projects.. thanks for sharing and for the peace!

16. jenjen says:

So cute. I love it! Thanks for the tutorial. I hope you are doing well!
    XOOX
    Jen

17. Kim D. says:

I was thinking about sewing up some birds and stuffing them, similar to this.. Your idea looks so much easier and the circles are so cute.
    Thanks for stopping by, my pooches are maltese, we sure love them.

18. Wonderful tutorial! I can’t believe I’ve been away from your blog so long. Sending you love and well wishes on the new fabric.

19. elizabeth says:

I love it! I do think I’ll try using fusible web on the wrong side of 2 fabric circles and fuse them together with rick rack…I”ll let you know how that works out.

20. Marsha says:

Thank you for the tutorial – love it!
    S.W.A.K.
    P.S. – Please come over to enter our 2nd Annual Halloween Contest/Giveaway – better hurry!

21. Nancy Geaney says:

Love these.You always have the coolest paper scraps. Aren’t those hole punch thingies great! Which reminds me, I borrowed two from you for my last post project.I’ll return them tomorrow…maybe.

22. Again…brilliant!!
    Happy Halloween!

23. erika says:

Cute!! Now I have to figure out how to do this with my fabric scraps and keep my sanity intake!!

24. erika says:

intact…see, I am already in a frenzy thinking about it.:)

25. Jo Packham says:

Love it! What a creative idea!

26. cute, cute, cute! Can’t wait to try this out!
    Thanks for sharing!
    xo

27. steph says:

this idea is so cute ! thank you !

28. Jen says:

OMG how cute is that?!?
    I’ve started my Christmas Crafting, looks like I’ll have to add this to my list. Thanks for sharing.

29. jen duncan says:

Cute garland Jennifer! I made something real similar a couple three holidays ago ( http://jenduncan.typepad.com/whats_new/2006/12/sneek_peeks_of_.html#comments ) and learned to make sure and not put the ribbon or rickrack directly down the center, or they can’t hang so that you’ll see the paper, they’ll lay flat like a plate. For fabric I’d attach fusible bonding and then use a Sizzix circle die for precision. Only 8 weeks to go!

30. *Staci * says:

Thank you for this. I can now break out the stacks of patterned paper and put them to use. You always have such great ideas. :)

31. kelli says:

What a great idea to do with my girls. I love how simple it is. Thanks Jennifer.
    Kelli

32. Ann says:

This is so great. I can’t wait to make some. I think if I start now I’ll be done by next Christmas!