Book-a-poc

When my sister Shana was little she used to say book-a-poc for pocketbook and neckalis for necklace but it was the way  that she needed those things and she needed them now.  That’s what little girls are made of.   So when I see a picture like the one below it really gets me giggling because my own daughter had her purse and very important things inside.  My Stop and Shop receipts, plastic cell phone and bubblegum and a jar of bubbles.  Cause you never know you might need them.  It is one of the remarkable moments in a mother’s life when she sees her child own it!  It’s fascinating to watch  and when they pull out the phone to answer a call in the car well that just makes us love being a parent and watching the amazing unfolding of childhood to adulthood.  So when I see a child with her purse I can’t resist I want to know what’s inside and how she sees the world, what she needs to be like mommy and how matter of fact they speak when you want to know the contents of their book-a-poc.  So this was on my facebook and I had to share. Note the heels.

Thanks to Sweeter than Cupcakes for the pretty frock made with our very own Poodle Fabrics Purchase them here..Quilt Home

6 Responses to “Book-a-poc”

1. Tom says:

How sweet! I saw this the other day and thought about the same thing. Pocketbooks full of crayons, little toys, lip gloss, and an occasional kitten along for the ride. Thanks for making me smile this morning.

2. Jenny Fish says:

Oh I love your story about your sister! I read this post to my husband and he said you described the contents of MY purse. Haha! I never know when I am going to need a bubble moment…

I LOVE this sweet little girl and her mom. Her mom is SO creative and I have watched her daughter blossom from a toddler in to a little girl.

Darling dress Courtney!

3. Kim says:

So cute! My daughter and I love to play dress up and she has a plethora of purses and little goodies to stuff them with. We even asked our bank teller for a check register for her. ;)

4. Courtney says:

So true Jennifer! Little girls and their bags are so funny. If we can’t find a toy, it is usually tucked away in a bag somewhere. My girl sure loved being fancy for this photo!

Jenny, you are SO kind! She really has grown this past year. I love watching K as well to see what is ahead!

5. Courtney says:

6. Monique says:

Courtney does such a great job & I love the whole outfit!!