Paste your Bing Webmaster Tools verification code here
Our photo shoot a few weekends ago was a smash hit complete with a spectacular team…. we had our fave photographer Tim Geaney, hair & makeup stylist Nancy Geaney, wardrobe stylist Madeline, stunning & super sweet models Debra (who you met yesterday) and Kelsey (below)! What fun we had! Read about sweet Kelsey below!!
Things I love:
1. Writing – It’s therapeutic, and I love the idea of others connecting with me through my writing.
2. Artichokes – I love artichokes so much that I wrote my college essay on them. And no, it wasn’t just about the vegetable (although they do taste amazing). Artichokes symbolically represented my passion for getting to know people. The best artichoke’s aren’t always the most beautiful, and getting past the outside layers to heart is always the best part.
3. Following the news – I am a news junkie. I’m always up to date on the news and I strongly believe it’s important for everyone to know what’s going on in the world around us- even kids!
4. Country Music – I love country music, and Taylor Swift is my girl. I’ve gone through a lot of ups and downs with her (she just might not know it!).
5. Dreams, and dreaming big – I love ambitious people, and I am one of the most ambitious people I know. I don’t count on others to dream for me, and I don’t count on others to get me there. Luckily, at the age of 22, I’ve already met some amazing people who’ve helped me get to where I am today. But there’s no stopping… everyday is a new dream.
Things that I hate:
1. Waking up early – You think I’m naturally this pretty? Come on, I need my beauty sleep!
2. Salad – I do not have the diet of a skinny girl. Food is a part of life, and I enjoy life. It’s weird, but I really dislike lettuce (hence, my hatred for salad). I don’t watch what I eat as much as I watch how much I eat- to me, food is about moderation.
3. A broken heart – I hate having a broken heart, and even more, I hate seeing people I care about with a broken heart; all I want to do is fix it but usually that just takes time.
4. High heels – I wish I could love high heels, but I’m so tall! At 5’9, I can’t wear much of a heel without towering over everyone. So, high heels are something I’ve unfortunately come to hate. My friends tell me to embrace my height… but I told them not until I find a tall boyfriend!
5. Crayons – Ever since I was little, I’ve hated the smell crayons. My sister used to take them in the car on road trips when we were younger and I would throw them out the windows. When I have kids some day, I hope they like colored pencils!
I grew up in Wilton, Connecticut and graduated from Lafayette College in 2011 with double major in International Affairs and Film & Media. Throughout my childhood, I loved sports; gymnastics was my passion but I ended up playing Division 1 lacrosse in college. I now work at Fox News where I write and produce for FNC iMag, focusing on food and wellness. I love my job, which few can say at my age; I feel very lucky and try hard not to take a minute of it for granted.
What I love about Sis Boom is the color; every time I put on a Sis Boom dress I find myself feeling a little bit prettier, a little bit happier, and a lot more colorful. We all could use some more color in our lives! I have a feeling that if the world wore more Sis Boom, it would be a happier, more colorful place.