A Favor

So my adorable nephew called the other day begging me to find the fabric for this suit so he can have it made in Puerto Rico.  This is the Nephew that was born the same day as my son Matthew on May 5th 1990 so almost 20 years old and I'm crazy about them both ..He emailed me this picture and wants me to figure out what fabric this could possibly be. So here's where I need help does anyone know or have a friend who knows a tailor that may possibly have an idea of what to look for. I have no idea where to even begin. I'd love to find someone online that carries it . Thanks guys look forward to hearing from you . J

White-Collar-Matthew-Bomer

14 Responses to “A Favor”

1. AndyBee says:

Jennifer, this is probably a worsted wool. Better quality men’s suits are most often made from this medium weight wool because of its durability and adaptability to year round wear. It’s also known as gabardine or mid weight corded wool. Good Luck in your search! xo Andy

2. ruth says:

A fabulous fine wool suit. Dormeuil, their suiting fabrics are wonderful, not too sure where you could find it in the US.

3. so we added chickens says:

Possible online sources: Mood Fabrics (thank you Project Runway) and Vogue Fabrics. Also Britex in San Francisco appears to have a swatching service. Good luck.

4. The suit, oh yeah, the suit. It looks good too ;-P xoxox Clarice

5. patchworksails says:

WOW my eye tells me it is pure silk !!!

6. ccn says:

John looked at the photo- more than likely it’s a tropical worsted wool suiting fabric. one of these might be good –
    or a superfine merino wool. A Tropical weight is probably what he’s looking for.
    Banksville Fabrics is also great (@ $30 a yard or more, but designer label). Larry will be helpful there.
    John also has a great tailor in Wilton if you need to talk specifics :-)

7. Rachael says:

Isn’t blogland full of helpful people!! I don’t really know about suit fabrics but just wanted to say how special that you and your sister both had boys on the same day!

8. Kathy G. says:

Jennifer, that is most likely worsted wool or wool silk. Gorgeous pic, suit too. Unfortunately these fabrics can only be found in NYC (or other large cities) or online. Dress and tailoring fabrics are not available everywhere like in the past. Mood Fabrics or Vogue would be my first stops! Good luck!

9. Jenny Fish says:

Well if you don’t find it online High Fashion Fabrics in Houston has GORGEOUS Italian Wool. I am sure you could find something close.

10. Tabitha O. says:

huh there is a suit there? I was checking out what was in the suit… oh yea…well goodness I hope you find the fabric, lots of great knowing people on here!!!

11. Allie says:

You and your sister had boys on the same day? How special is that! I’m also very impressed at the level of knowledge in the comments – I didn’t have a clue!~

12. Janice says:

Fabric, what fabric?

13. Ginger says:

Check with http://www.michaelsfabrics.com or maryjos.com both have great wools and good prices.

14. Summer says:

Thats a character from the show White Collar of FX it might be worth looking it up to see if they have credits for whoever designed the suit. Maybe if you can find that info you can find out exactly what the suit is made of.