Once in a lifetime

Do we get to help in such an extraordinary way.  Quilt Haiti has been an honor and a privilege to be a part of.  This  incredible photo shares the hope.  It speaks a thousand words in a matter of seconds.  I've lived with this photo for several days now and I can't believe how a quilt can transform a life but it's more than the material.  It's about the warmth and the hands that have passed over it to get it's to it's rightful destination.  Thanks to everyone involved in this incredible charity particularly to Rebecca who hand delivers them with her heart and soul.  And if you want to do more to help contribute to the cause …watch this video. and reach out to Rebecca

6a012876dc57e0970c0133ed4ed068970b-800wi
6a012876dc57e0970c013480eb3791970c-800wi-1

19 Responses to “Once in a lifetime”

1. Monique says:

Wow! How amazing to see your quilt loving those women!

2. Jenny Fish says:

OH look at her face. So beautiful.

3. Beautiful – the picture is so moving – the power of hope!

Wow, that is a very powerful picture! What an amazing feeling to see that woman wrap herself in a quilt made just for her. Her warm smile is priceless!

5. Allie says:

Well that made me cry. Look at that beautiful face.

6. paige says:

oh wow jen!!
    i LOVE that
    surely that image will be with you forever
    i love it

7. Now that is awesome. A beautiful photo.

8. ccn says:

You and Nancy are killing me with the photos. Truly amazing the people you meet in our journey in life. THIS woman was touched because of something you did at your houses here in CT. Probably while you talked on the phone or sent an email and had a snack. YOU ladies made an impact in HER life. A-mazing.

9. Tammy Gilley says:

Thanks so much for sharing of your quilts, sweet friend. love you…

10. LuAnn Smith says:

The smile on that woman’s face all wrapped up in a Sis Boom quilt brought a little tear to my eye! How lovely in so many ways…

11. Shannon says:

Oh, the power of grace giving! There’s nothing stronger! What a fabulous venture, and what happy, deserving women that received the gifts! Thank you for sharing!

12. Teresa says:

I believe everyone should have their own quilt. It takes so long to make a quilt, especially for me, that you’d only do it for love. I’m sure that little lady will treasure her pretty quilt , and I bet it will be passed down from generation to generation

13. Renee says:

How awesome! Just seeing the picture of the lady wrapping herself in the quilt truly speaks volumes. To give the gift of time and warmth is the best! Thank you for sharing! This puts a big smile on my face.

14. Patrice says:

That is one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen, and the fabric that she’s wrapped in is pretty beautiful, too!! xoxo P

15. Cathy says:

Awwwww so heart warming…I just love the smiles and happiness…wow!

16. AlyGatr says:

The look of joy on their faces says more than any words ever could. When we give from our hearts, I think we rarely expect to see the fruits of what we gave, but the chance to actually see kindness put in action, it’s truly priceless. It warms my heart to get a glimpse at the appreciation.

17. Jona says:

Oh my heck. That is such a beautiful picture I’ve got tears in my eyes. I can’t imagine anything more satisfying than seeing someone comforted by one of your creations, especially after all that country is going through. Wow.

18. Tas says:

That is such a special photo. Lovely!

19. Joyce says:

This made my day. What a special photo!