Nothing to say

oh don't feel sorry for me..theres a bunch going on my head is swimming and the kids are home for the summer.  I'm sure you can relate.  You ever get to the point that you don't know what to do next you are sort of in a fog but you have great people around to guide you so you feel ok about it all.  That's me today.  I am so grateful for my close friends and of course the husband who never waivers.  He's so clear headed that I am intrigued by that.  I didn't get that in my set of genes I'm an artist that thinks chalkboard walls and vintage hats are a priority.  When we redid the house 10 years ago all I kept saying was french doors, french doors as though nothing structural even mattered. Sometimes its a bit to superficial and I'm so grateful for George the big lug dog who eyes you as he walks closely by with a rubber toy in his mouth close enough where he can run if he needs to just out of reach hoping you'll need the same rubber toy at that moment, or hides behind your legs in a thunderstorm..that's the best.  alas you know how I get when I talk George sometimes I think this should be a blog about him and his friends.  It's almost the 4th and I got one of those wonderful e-mails the ones you stop to read but you really want to delete and it hurts to slowdown and take it in cause your too busy.   They are almost always forwarded  from my mother. The funny thing is as cliche and redundant as most of them seem if I stop and breathe and take them in they are rich with meaning.  This one was just a simple reminder to remember the soldiers this weekend.  Funny thing is we would be planning the BBQ and it would be so easy to get caught up in July 4ths festivities that I sometimes forget that .  So I wanted to just give a shout out to the soldiers and their families and thank them for the privilege of spending the 4th with mine.

DSC_0006_7

15 Responses to “Nothing to say”

1. erika says:

I am so grateful for the nerdiness and structure of my loving husband. Although I am a Type A personality with that crafting swirl mixed in deep, I appreciate his ability to keep me steady.
    Have a wonderful holiday and time with your family.
    erika

My hubby is like that too – pretty grounded and rational and focused. And he’s so good with me and my emotions and grand ideas. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

3. Allie in MI says:

It’s good to have someone so grounded in your life – and a dog. I know exactly what you mean about those emails, it DOES hurt because you don’t want to take the time! I have a running to-do list in my head that nags me constantly, ideas churning like angry seas. It’s good to take the time to slow down and just breathe.

4. Corinnea says:

Ms. Paganelli, Thanks for your thoughts for the soldiers and their families. My husband is retired and I have a son that still serves.I live in Germany and work at a small shop that supports such families. Tomorrow we will celebrate with them on our military post, trying to bring in a bit of “home” and fun for the day. It’s just nice to know that people still keep those that serve our country in their thoughts. I enjoy your blog and your fabrics!

5. Cathy says:

I am so glad you have great friends and your sweet hubby to surround yourself with! Very important!!! Thanks for reminding us all about the 4th and all who sacrifice and serve our great country!
    I need to hang out with you creative people more…right now I am actually stuck….trying to find my way creatively.

6. Alicia says:

Love this post Jennifer, can SO relate. Particularly the foggy head and kids home from school bit, its school holidays here now but in the middle of winter which sets up its own kind of problems. Of course they are all snuggled up under their eiderdowns at the moment as its so cold but its nearly midday!! at least it give me some time for blogging lol
    Alicia ~ time worn style

7. Suzie says:

Nice to be surrounded by loved ones and to be able to appreciate all that we have.
    I guess we creative types are all a little flighty at times, but I believe that it’s all worth it in the end :)
    Wishing you and your family a beautiful Independance Day
    xx

8. Patrice says:

amen to that sista!! Happy Fourth Weekend! xo P

9. Sivje says:

Great post Jennifer! I LOVE the picture too!

10. Chantry says:

Okay…so your comments make my day! I’m honored that you check out my blog. And Cha is strictly professional…I’m totally Chantry.
    Chantry

11. jennifer says:

Great post!
    Thank you for mentioning those brave men and women that are risking their lives for us all!
    My husband and his friends have a band and were playing at a party on the 4th…in the middle of a song a young Marine walked by in dress uniform.
    John ( mu husband) pointed him out to the crowd and thanked him for serving…the applause went on for 10 minutes!!
    It was a really good thing!
    jen

12. So sweetly said…and SO true! and I love the red hearts against one of my favorite fabrics! :)
    Blessings!

13. Corri says:

I hope you had a great weekend! It is always nice to have time to spend with family, and a dog. :) After ours passed a few years back, we waited a year or so to get another rescue dog, and that was probably one of the toughest years, not having that wet nose around to great us when we came home.

14. It’s nice to be surrounded by all the people who love and care for you. Have a nice day everyone!.

15. You’re so lucky to have such an amazing husband that will support and be there for you all the way, trough thick and thin.