More Fun than a Barrel of Monkeys

OK folks living in and around New York City. I’m going back to the place that started it all for me…Tinsel Trading. Terri Ventura of Dime Store Daze has asked me to come teach a class and I couldn’t be more powered up!!! Tinsel Trading for those of you who don’t know is where I got my first taste of vintage millinery and have been hooked ever since.
Marcia Ceppos having inherited the store and inventory has created a contemporary visual feast that salutes her grandfather everyday! Definitely read about us on her website. She has no idea but at every Javits show I would stalk her booth because it inspired me so!! Plus she’s just the nicest and most interesting person to talk to. Imagine inheriting a basement full of treasures…It’s a dream come true!! Sometimes when I’m upstate I fantasize about finding a barn with loads of goodies from the early 1900′s but then I wake up….So for now I get to teach at the most fabulous findings store in NYC.
Below is a sampling of the project we will do…Glittered die-cuts from Maya Road add to the festivities. Crepe Paper in Pink because I love pink and paper to complete the project. So check the calender and sign up soon, classes fill up and I want to meet and greet you…
That’s April 26th a Saturday don’t miss it…Img_1582Img_1579

13 Responses to “More Fun than a Barrel of Monkeys”

1. Caroline says:

How I wish I was closer! Sounds like a great class.

2. sounds like fun, sorry I will miss it!! I hope all is well with you Jennifer and Spring has sprung in CT!

3. Tatania says:

Looks like a lot of fun.

4. Right at this moment, I wish I still were living in NY to sign up for that class. Sounds like so much fun!

5. Patrice says:

I L*O*V*E Tinsel Trading * totally terrific eye candy from floor to ceiling * one of my favorite places in the whole wide world. . . . . . .

6. lavitadream says:

they have a beautiful blog.
    a their to work are beautiful
    loves greet from germany
    xo andy

7. Kirstie says:

I wish I could come along, Not fair! you are way, way, to far away, Boo hoo.
    Hugs
    Kirstie.

8. Kirstie says:

I wish I could come along, Not fair! you are way, way, to far away, Boo hoo.
    JUST GIVE ME THE MONKEYS…lol
    Hugs
    Kirstie.

9. wow! sounds like a great class!! :-) xo Britt

10. Lisa says:

Sounds like a fun class. I love these pretty cones. What a great project.

11. I wish!!! What a great class that will be!

12. Marnie says:

Hi Jennifer – don’t know what happened to the earlier comment – but just wanted to say – I LOVE THE FABRICS – BLUES ESPECIALLY – can’t wait to make up a few frames and memento boards.

13. Nancy Geaney says:

I just ran into 2 of the girls, Jessica and Nina Pomeroy, I taught in the “Mod Birds” quilt class at the Quilters Alley in Ridgefield, CT, and they both wanted to know when they could take a class with YOU! Now I can tell them! Anyone who has the chance to experience Jennifer in the flesh- that sounds weird- up close and personal- still sounds sordid- Jennifer and her infectious creative energy, (phew!), should not miss the opportunity. Follow her to quilt market in Oregon if you must! She has in the most literal terms, changed my life! She is a joy- and she spreads it to all who are in her presence. My grandmother called my sister, Jenny, “Jennifer Joy”. I think we’ve just found another.